My name is Kris Olsen, MBA, CMA, and I am a consulting Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who has provided services to multiple businesses in various industries since 2005.
If you need better visibility into your numbers or control over your operations, call me. I specialize in helping business owners tackle the financial, operational and administrative obstacles that hinder growth.
If you work with me, you will never be “just another client”. I provide personal service and enjoy building relationships with my clients. I am not a “yes man”, and will challenge your ideas and assumptions to help you avoid pitfalls and keep moving forward. I want you to succeed.
One of the great things about working with me is that you don’t have to hire an employee. Need me for one day a week or one day a month? No problem. We can work together to create a custom solution that is tailored specifically to your needs.
Whether you need a hands-on CFO to manage your books, a strategic CFO to manage your finance and accounting team, or an advisory CFO to review your numbers and provide insight, I’ve got you covered. Call me at (951) 785-0000 and let’s talk about your business.
Why choose me?
- Years of Experience: I have over 25 years of experience in finance, accounting and operations, including 19 years in senior roles including Operations Director, Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and Chief Financial Officer.
- Diverse Experience: I have worked for public, private and non-profit companies in multiple industries and various stages of development (startup, turnaround, growth). Industries include software development, construction, marketing, manufacturing, lead generation, real estate, professional services, food service, alternative energy, blockchain, cryptocurrency mining and web development.
- Hands-On Experience: I have personally managed all aspects of finance and accounting, including setting up QuickBooks, cleaning up messy accounting records, producing GAAP-based financial statements, managing audit and tax engagements, preparing budgets, forecasts, analysis and reports, hiring and managing employees, establishing internal controls, conducting due diligence, etc.
- Results: I have saved millions of dollars for my clients by finding errors, establishing controls, proposing business and tax strategies, analyzing and forecasting investment opportunities and cash flow, mitigating risks, and negotiating contracts.
- Not Just Finance: I have strong sales and customer services skills, and have over 1,100 field visits with customers under my belt.
- Easy To Work With: I am not stuffy and have no sense of entitlement. This is your business, and I am here to help you.
- Education: I have an MBA in International Business from California State University, Dominguez Hills, and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of La Verne.
- Certifications: I am a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and Certified Financial Manager (CFM).
- Systems Knowledge: I am an advanced Excel user who literally uses Excel every day, and have extensive experience pulling and analyzing data from various sources including QuickBooks and other accounting packages, public data sources and proprietary systems.
- Credibility: I have earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. You can also view my LinkedIn profile to review some of my recommendations.
Here are some of the ways I can help:
Financial Management and/or Oversight
- Hands-on management of all aspects of finance and accounting
- Strategic management of a finance and accounting team
- Weekly / monthly reviews of reports, performance, results
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Comprehensive financial modeling
- Financial analysis
- Cash flow forecasting
- Sales, expense, headcount, capital expenditure forecasting
- Development of KPIs, metrics, dashboards, flash reports, etc.
- Identification of business drivers, trends and variances
- Strategic planning
- Review and evaluation of business models, ideas and investments
- M&A due diligence
Employee Evaluation and Management
- Internal controls
- Policies and procedures
- Clean up of messy accounting records
- General ledger, journal entries and reconciliations
- QuickBooks and other accounting packages
- Revenue recognition
- Financial reporting – P&L, balance sheet, cash flow
- Identifying problems instead of the symptoms
- Identifying and mitigating risks
- Fixing systems and processes
- Liaison to attorneys, CPAs, banks, investors, etc.
- Oversight / management of businesses you have invested in
Business Owner Services
- Personal CFO
- Liaison to attorneys, CPAs, banks
Please contact me directly to see how I can help you.
Kris Olsen, MBA, CMA
Olsen Consulting, Inc.
Your Consulting CFO / Outsourced CFO / Fractional CFO / Virtual CFO / Remote CFO / Contract CFO / Part-Time CFO… Actually, I don’t care what you call me. Just call me.