Do you need a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for your business, but aren’t ready to hire a full-time employee? I have a solution for you.
I can help you with specific projects or manage all aspects of finance and accounting. Whether you need a hands-on CFO who knows QuickBooks or a strategic CFO who manages a team of professionals, I’ve got you covered.
One of the great things about working with me is that you don’t have to hire an employee. Need me for one day a week or one day a month? No problem.
I thrive in challenging and growth environments, and have a genuine desire to help you succeed. I am not a “yes” man, and will challenge your ideas and assumptions to help you avoid pitfalls and keep moving forward.
Why choose me?
- Years of Experience: I have over 25 years of experience in finance, accounting and operations, including 17 years in senior roles ranging from Director of Financial Planning and Analysis to Chief Financial Officer.
- Diverse Experience: I have worked for public and private companies in multiple industries and various stages of development (startup, turnaround, growth).
- Hands-On Experience: I have personally managed all aspects of finance and accounting, including setting up QuickBooks, cleaning up messy accounting records, producing GAAP-based financial statements, managing audit and tax engagements, preparing budgets, forecasts, analysis and reports, hiring and managing employees, establishing internal controls, etc.
- Education: I have an MBA in International Business from California State University, Dominguez Hills, and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of La Verne.
- Certifications: I am a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and Certified Financial Manager (CFM).
- Systems Knowledge: I am an advanced Excel user who literally uses Excel every day, and have extensive experience pulling and analyzing data from various sources including QuickBooks and other accounting packages, public data sources and proprietary systems.
- Credibility: I have earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Here are some of the ways I can help:
Financial Management and/or Oversight
- Hands-on management of all aspects of finance and accounting
- Strategic management of a finance and accounting team
- Weekly / monthly reviews of reports, performance, results
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Financial modeling
- Cash flow forecasting
- Sales, expense, headcount, capital expenditure forecasting
- Review and evaluation of business models, ideas and investments
Employee Evaluation and Management
- Internal controls
- Policies and procedures
- Clean up of messy records
- Journal entries
- Revenue recognition
- Identifying problems instead of the symptoms
- Identifying and mitigating risks
- Fixing systems and processes
- Liaison to attorneys, CPAs, banks, investors, etc.
- Work with businesses you have invested in
Business Owner Services
- Personal CFO
- Liaison to attorneys, CPAs, banks
Please contact me directly to see how I can help you.
Kris Olsen, MBA, CMA
Olsen Consulting, Inc.